Thursday, October 8, 2009

What's my skin tone? Cool or warm?

My skin is fair, I have light freckles, and if I wear a foundation I use the color ivory, not too yellow or pink - I have to choose a neutral color because too much pink and I look washed out and too much yellow I'll look sallow. My face is ruddy but my body isn't and my face flushes easily. When I'm in bright sunlight I look kinda pink. My eye color is hazel, green with the middles golden brown. My natural hair color is medium to light brown with a red color to it but it isn't obvious unless under good lighting (I was born a strawberry blonde, had beige blonde hair as a kid, hair went from light auburn to dark auburn as a teen and now it's more brown..if that helps at all.) I recenlty dyed my hair bright auburn blonde and it looks like crap on me, makes my skin look even pinker. I would have thought I was warm but I have blue tinted veins, so I don't know.



If you have any good links with pics of skin tones I'd appreciate it...



What's my skin tone? Cool or warm?

If your hair naturally has red highlights, you very likely have a warm skin tone. Also, "ivory" coloured foundation generally has a yellow undertone, not a neutral one, so if it works for you you probably have a warm undertone.



Keep in mind that not all warm colours will look good on you; there are two warm colour seasons: Spring and Autumn. If you look good in muted colours (like olive green or mustard yellow) you're an Autumn. If you look good in clear colours (like coral pink or a clear turquoise) you're a Spring.



Autumns generally don't look good in any kind of pink, whereas Springs do look good in some pinks. If your face flushes easily, that usually is a sign of a Spring; as is having blonde hair that darkened as you got older.



What's my skin tone? Cool or warm?

cool and blue and dry and gray and dull



What's my skin tone? Cool or warm?

Warm



What's my skin tone? Cool or warm?

I was told in order to find your skin tone, tie a pink scarf (material scrap, whatever you have) around your head, like a headband, covering your hair. Then, do the same with a peach colored scarf. Which one do you think looks best on you? Pink=cool. Peach=warm. If both look equally good on you the you are neutral and can wear it all. From what you have said about your coloring, I would think that greens and chocolates, lavender would look nice on you.



What's my skin tone? Cool or warm?

If you go to the mall to Dillard's or Macy's and visit the prescriptives counter they will do a free color analysis on you and tell you. There are four different skin tone colors. (yellow- orange, red, blue red, red-orange)and I have to get my foundation custom made because my skin tone is hard to match. That costs like $50.00 but they will adjust the color for free, (darker in summer, lighter in winter) and it lasts a year.



http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/2381089/0~23...

No comments:

Post a Comment