Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's it like having a second child?

My daughter is almost three. My husband and I have gone from "definitely no more kids" to "well, maybe one more...". We're both thinking about it, neither of us is pushing for it.



The thing is we are happy with our daughter but sometimes she's hard to handle, typical toddler stuff of course, and we're worried that with two kids we'll be tearing our hair out day and night.



Those of you with two or more kids, how much more challenging is two than one?



What's it like having a second child?

My granny raised 7 kids and then years later raised me & my two sisters, I went to her with the same question when I was pregnant with my second child. She said "If you can raise 1, you can raise2, and if you can raise 2 you can raise..." & so on. She always told me that the Lord would never give you more than he thought you could handle. I didnt understand it then and just brushed her off as being an old crazy woman. But now, she is 90 and I still run to her for any question I need answered....



What's it like having a second child?

it is hard but I like it.. I am a single mom of 2 and I wouldn't change it for the world



What's it like having a second child?

my oldest is 2, and my youngest is 5 weeks....there goes my hair. but whatching them is so worth it, and I know they will be close, and that makes me glad to be going through this now.



What's it like having a second child?

Its a challenge with 1 or 5 kids. You make it work. No one is ever really ready until it happens. You just adjust! I have a 11 1/2 yr old son. A 20 mo. old daughter and a baby girl due in Dec. I have my son going through changes and my daughter is starting tantrums.. but they all do, didn't we? Times are hard sometimes, but my husband and i help each other out. We give each other breaks, we make date nights and at the end of every night we are blessed with wonderful children! you could give your child a play mate and it will keep her busy... she is at an age that will be helpful... good luck!



What's it like having a second child?

First of all I'd like to say that you will never regret having more children, even though they are hard work it is so rewarding. You may how ever regret not having more children.



Every kid is different and some are easier than others they all go through phases and they all grow up one day.



I will tell you the truth though in my experience and that is two definitely more challenging than one.



What's it like having a second child?

A lot more challenging. I have 3 kids but my 2 oldest fight SO much. I can barely get dinner started without bickering and fighting going on. My youngest just sits and watches them look bad because she is 2. They fight about EVERYTHING. Who gets the first part of dessert, whos chair they are sitting in, who gets the table on the pizza, whos hair is darker, who gets the Blue Colored chalk, you know little things. Shall i go on? NO! Way too many things but im having a good time with them i mean it gives them someone to hang out with when us parents arent available.



What's it like having a second child?

I have 3 kids ages 14, almost 10 and almost 7, and to me there is no difference of having one or 2 or 3, once you get into the swing of things , there is no difference,,,,,just like making supper,,,whether your making it for 2 or for 5, all that has to be done still has to be done.



When my 2nd child came around,,ya it was a little hair pulling, at times, but within 2 weeks, i had it all under controll, and



you will too,,,its like riding a bike,,,you may be a yr b4 you are on one, but it comes back on how to do it real quick.



My kids are my life, and i couldn't see my life without any of them.



I have been through it all,,,,hyperness, crying sleepless nights,whinning, laughing, and oh ya,,thoughts of , oh my goodness, where did they come up with that one,,,,but its all worth it.



and to me there is no difference.



You will get into it,,and believe me it won't take you long.



Thats why We are called MOMS



cause we can do it all



Good Luck



on whatever you and your hubby decide



Cindy



What's it like having a second child?

It's really not that hard...since your first is a daughter...she'll be like the other "mother" and want to help raise you second child which in many ways is cute and helps alot (like getting you a diaper, grabbing the wipes, feeding) can also be a pain when she tries to punish like a mom or stand behind you mimics you and says "yeah, you right mom" after you just told your second child not to do something. Having more than one child also give the kids someone to play with. My daughter for the longest time was alone, now she always has someone to play with (even if she doesn't always wants to be around him) I think 2 is easier than one...you can tell them to deal with each other and then they leave you alone.



I have a 8 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. I was a single parent till about a year ago when I met a great guy that accepted us all.



What's it like having a second child?

not to be offensive or anything, a secound child is always a a good idea if ur first kid goes to jail,becomes a prostitue ,drug dealer,or goes into a coma you'll still have another child to live for. and your daughter will have a lifetime friend. Plus your grandkids won't have any cousins. maybe if your insecture about it now don't do it ,wait a few years to have your secound child. My parents waited 7 years for thier secound chiild and now me and my sister get induavidual attention, and my parent had it easy we took care of each other. PLus another child could solve your problems,when I was little I was whiny and hated to share my sister changed all that for me.



What's it like having a second child?

well i have 2 kids-boy is 2.5 and my girl is 5. Its good because they can relate and the baby can learn from the older one. The one thing that got us was daycare. We were excited knowing the kindergarten was on its way but at one time we were shelling out over a grand in childcare. I had to quit my job at least until my daughter got into kindergarten. Its crazy. On another note, i felt like how could i even possibly love the first just like the second. I did it and its equal. Also you'll need a bigger bed because your daughter WILL get jealous. Make sure attention goes all around and that she understands why she cant be the center of attention all the time. Hope this helps girl.



What's it like having a second child?

It's definately alot more work, but my kids are always playing together, and that makes things easier when you need to get things done sometimes. If you have another baby now, the younger one will always have someone to look up to, help them with homework, and keep an eye on them when you need them to.



What's it like having a second child?

It can definitely be challenging with the addition of a new baby but the biggest challenge (I think) was helping our daughter adjust to the new baby. She turned out to be thrilled about it and it was a fairly easy transition. One of the nicest things about the second baby is that you know the ropes of being a parent, you're not as unsure about if you're doing the right thing. Some things come almost naturally and caring for 2 isn't that much harder than caring for just one. One of the best pieces of advice that i can give you is to create a schedule and stick to it--this will make your life so much easier! And the fact that your daughter is 3 will also help things along, by the time you do have the baby (if you choose to) your daughter will be even more self sufficient.



What's it like having a second child?

It is hard and busy but is special. Having a husband to help out and to be involved really makes the difference. You need to juggle your time and energy between both kids and nap times are harder to come by for you. Sibling rivalry happens as your youngest baby becomes older but the older child has some jealously with the new baby. But watching the moments of both children interacting nicely together and watching your baby giggle at your older child makes everything worth the stressors of having multiple children. Going from having one child to two children is the hardest. Then, having three, four or more is easy as you have learned how to handle multiple children. I had my second baby when my first baby was 15 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment