Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hi Just an update

They are all thriving & mamma is so good with them, (2 weeks old this tuesday coming) they are all long hair fat balls of lovliness!!! I have one little concern though, the other day Tiggy took them from the living room, probably to noisy for her & when I wasn't looking my son (autistic & very gentle with them) would pick them up so she may have been worried for them, anyhoo she took them into my daughters bedroom & hid them under some clothes in her wardrobe, I just replaced the clothes with her basket & left her there but Abbey is coming back tonight so I need to move them, I will put them in my room where I know they wont be disturbed but I am worried she might try & move them somewhere else or hurt them, she is totally at ease with me & lets me handle the babies anytime I dont touch them often (can't get attached!) Do you think she will be ok if I move them? gizmo & babe never go in my room, also when can I treat them for fleas & worms? they havent got worms but do have fleas x ty



Hi Just an update & a question about tiggy & the 'kids' They are getting bigger by the day, eyes are open cute

I think you will be fine to move them!



Move her into your room first and then she will see where you are putting them!



Lift the bed with them in it and don't actually touch them this time if you can possibly help it!



And as for the worming and fleas - buy the spray and tablets to do it and read the packet and that will tell you what is the youngest age you can treat them - or ask your local vet that question!It is so long since I had any kittens and they were weaned when I got them anyway that I cannot remember!!!



Hi Just an update & a question about tiggy & the 'kids' They are getting bigger by the day, eyes are open cute

Great to hear Tiggy doing well, shes obviously a good mum, when my cat Polly had kittens she didn't like anyone else but me to handle the kittens, so Tiggy sounds exactly the same. Don't worry about moving her into your room, she should settle down quickly in the peace and quiet. Don't envy you in a few weeks time, when the kitties are on the rampage, you won't get a decent nights sleep! You can use Frontline spray on the kittens, get this from the vet. Its a bit pricey, but can be used on kittens from 2-3 days old. Used it on mine, and the fleas were all totally dead by next day. X



Hi Just an update & a question about tiggy & the 'kids' They are getting bigger by the day, eyes are open cute

its good that mom and babies are doing well. i wouldnt have thought it could be a problem moving them from room to another as long as mom sees you move them and then has time to adjust. you could ask the vet when is the best time to treat for worms and fleas. we treated our dog for both when he was about ten weeks old but it may be differnt for a cat



Hi Just an update & a question about tiggy & the 'kids' They are getting bigger by the day, eyes are open cute

So glad Tiggy is doing well,she sounds a good Mum, also the kids , I am sure they will be fine tucked away from the noise in your bedroom, Keep up the good work,

No comments:

Post a Comment